Java Developer, Java 8, Core Java, Spring Boot, Jenkins, AWS
£430 - £530 a day
Java developer, back-end orientated with specific experience with Java 8, Core Java, Spring Boot and experienced within a TDD, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment environment.
So, this project is challenging a giant Retail banking organisation are looking to go through a Global Transformation project of all their Retail banking products with the view of having a cloud (AWS) hosted Micro Services platform. We are looking to build a new team within this project who are able to help solve two of the key issues currently being faced:
1. The back-log of server side development which is resulting in the front-end team not being able to release anything
2. To contribute towards the build of an effective Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipeline
With the above in mind, we're looking for someone who can hit the ground running and able to demonstrate the following:
1. Strong server-side development experience using Java 8, Core Java, Spring Boot, Agile, TDD, Continuous integration, Continuous Deployment in a Cloud Hosted (Azure) environment
2. Prior experience building a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipeline using Jenkins
3. AWS a pretty broad 'skill' so to be more precise in what we need someone who has had exposure to EC2 & a knowledge of Cloud formation and/or terraform is essential. Basically we need someone who has a strong awareness of how AWS can be utilised to build services.
4. A solution mindset able to see the bigger picture and spot opportunities for further improvements
5. Confident client-facing / stakeholder management experience being able to code is important, but so is the ability to deal with people in what at times can be a stressful situation
6. Docker we know we're NEVER GOING to get this, so happy to train
This brief overview pretty much sums up the immediate need. If you believe you've got the experience to add some real value to this team then please get in touch ASAP. This will be an initial 3 month contract which we expect to roll on over a period of time.
No terminology in this advert is designed to discriminate on grounds of gender, race, colour, religion, creed, disability, age, sex or sexual orientation. Talent Point Ltd (including the trading name First Point) is a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) 00072652, an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate against these or any other class protected by applicable law
Posted by Talent Point Ltd, 15 Feb