£300 - £500 a day
Role: DevOps Engineer
Location: London, Richmond
Duration: 12 months
Start Date: ASAP
My Richmond based client is currently looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join them for an initial 12 month contract. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a firm that handles hundreds of millions of page views a day and serves millions of customers all over the world with a global presence in more than twenty countries and a thousand cities. You will either be an experienced DevOps engineer with a passion for open source products and systems automation or have a background as a developer and be interested in moving to DevOps.
• Hashicorp suite
• Puppet (preferably)
• Dive deep into system and application performance and reliability issues; partner with software and systems engineers across the organization to produce and roll out fixes and improvements.
• Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack. Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation and monitoring to help prevent problem recurrence.
• Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
• Represent the Site Operations team in design reviews and operational readiness exercises for new and existing services.
• Experience working with Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, including working with system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols.
• Experience troubleshooting and optimizing Java-based server applications.
• Able to prioritize tasks and work independently.
• Experience with most of the technologies listed above.
If this position sounds of interest and you require more information, please respond with an up to date copy of your CV.
Posted by Hydrogen Group, 10 Feb