2nd Line Integration Support Analyst (DevOps)
£450 a day
Work as part of a team producing and maintaining high quality automated infrastructure that
meets business needs. Work as part of the Devops Integration team to ensure that iteration
commitments are met and aligned to business expectations. Work to ensure the best solution is
delivered in line with quality, standards and best practice. Ensure design patterns and
principles are adhered to.
Implement quality automated infrastructure - use automation tools to provision and
configure infrastructure as code, producing automated repeatable environments that are
fit for purpose. Contribute to the overall automation code base where appropriate using
best practice of source control and merge requests.
2. Is responsible for designs, follows standards and good approaches to create quality
solutions that are fit for purpose.
3. Is responsible for ensuring that pipelines and release mechanisms used by development
teams are maintained and provide support for issues with the pipelines. Test the
pipelines ensuring that they are fully operational and all NFR's are delivered.
4. Works within an iterative team centric approach to ensure continuous improvement and
full life cycle management of platforms and applications. Support out of hours
deployments and early life support of changes.
5. Responsible for the development and management of a catalogue of tools,
environments and infrastructure that support the E2E teams strategy.
6. Mentor and coach more junior members of the team to help build their skills and
confidence. Provide technical guidance and ensure that quality, standards and best
practice are adhered to. Coach development teams in the use of pipelines.
7. Work as SME for the technologies and processes used within the team
8. Commercial awareness - managing the costs of pipelines and environments. Contribute
to decommissioning plans where systems / infrastructure is no longer required.
Provision the most cost effective Cloud Infrastructure only when required - keeping up
with new technology trends and options.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
2+ years of automation
Solid Linux / Unix skills and administration, ideally Ubuntu, Experience with managing cloud delivery platforms AWS (VPC, EC2, ELB, Route 53, S3)
Understanding of Pipeline and release mechanisms. Use of automation tools to provision and configure infrastructure as code Cloud technologies
Agile, Kanban, Scrum,
Scripting language (ruby, python, bash), troubleshooting, Terraform, Jenkins CI, Git version control
E: Comm, Enterprise integration, Middleware
Enthusiastic, assertive, fearless, boundary-less
Posted by If Recruitment Ltd, 12 Jan